Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My first post

So, I've decided to start a blog.

Why? I like the idea of committing to something creative -- exercising that muscle on a regular basis.

Why now? I'm feeling my life shift in a bigger way than it has in years and it feels good to make sense of it and create stability in it through writing. I really want to focus this phase of my life on living simply and not getting caught up in the big job, the big house, and all the big stuff we are told we need! It's an exciting and empowering goal, and I want to document it.


Why Morning Lemon? As a practice in simplicity, I've recently started a morning ritual where I wake up early, take a warm cup of water with lemon and sit by myself for a few minutes. It's the moment I connect with myself before the day begins. I've found that with just those few quiet moments I'm able to take on the day in a stronger way. From this place I feel inspired to explore my life and the world around me!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm excited to read each post. I love the name "Morning Lemon" as well as it's significance to you. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete